Thursday, August 18, 2011

T minus 84 hours. Commencing the kitchen purge... in 10...

So far since my diagnosis, I've bombarded the library with requests, laughed and cried, and managed to avoid actually making any lasting changes to the kitchen. Tonight I'm raiding the fridge and cupboards. The casualties are most likely going to make their way over to my sisters house. They're taking up a piscivorous diet: mostly vegetarian with some sea critters. I just picked up "Foods that Fight Pain" by Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D. It was the final little push I needed to get the battle joined. His dietary suggestions for cancer, immune disorders, and hormone related diseases is all largely the same. I just need to do it. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. This all started with my bout with shingles in January. The low energy, poor digestion and frequent illness, and now what I'm calling my "mutation" ('cause I don't know and refuse to believe that it is cancer) should be motivation enough but I'm a stubborn woman sometimes. I did actually give up caffeine with one slip last Saturday in the form of a cup of coffee. And a latte that afternoon. And then by accident of habit the next morning, but strangely enough, that last one tasted so hideous I've had no problem since drinking my bancha tea. No caffeine at all. That said... I may feel different in a couple of hours when I'm staring at a box of the things I'm making a commitment to give up for good at home. Here goes nothin...

No comments: